WELCOME TO SUVC!
If you are interested in playing Volleyball, you are now in the right place.
Here is a summary of all the information you may need. Feel free to contact us if you have any questions!
Having won Sport Swansea's Most Improved Club of the Year in 2013, it is our goal to keep on excelling, always ensuring we provide our players with the greatest experiences. Since Volleyball is quite an international sport, we have a wonderfully diverse club, counting on over 20 nationalities. Our people are lovely, friendly and engaged and they will surely make you feel welcomed and included from day one.
Regardless of your level of experience, we are confident SUVC is the place for you —all we simply expect is that you share our enthusiasm and interest in this wonderful sport!—. There are two joining routes available for you (scroll down for more information):
- If you have never played before, you are welcome to our open sessions. They are dedicated to beginners so that you will get to play casually, meet people and receive some coaching. We also have friendly matches against other different universities' beginner's team throughout the year for you. If you would like to improve your skills, this is a great opportunity!
- If you are an experienced athlete (normally 1-2 years of experience minimum), we have team training sessions for our 4 BUCS teams, including Men's 1st and 2nd team and Women's 1st and 2nd team. The first teams train twice a week and then compete on exciting BUCS matches every Wednesday all throughout the year, including the well-known Welsh Varsity against Cardiff in April-May. The second teams train once a week and then compete on exciting BUCS matches every Wednesday all throughout the year.
Our teams: Training Times
- Men's 1st team: after finishing 2nd on the Western 1A division, the boys are ready to fight for the 1st place and aiming to go on to the play-off's. Their training times are:
- Tuesday - 20:00-22:00 (Bay Campus)
- Thursday - 20:00-22:00 (Singleton)
- Men's 2nd team: The 2nd team will be playing on the BUCS Western 2B division. Their training times are:
- Friday - 17:00-19:00 (Singleton)
- Women's 1st team: The girls are ready to fight in Western 2B and aiming to get promoted to the 1A league. Their training times are:
- Tuesday - 18:00-20:00 (Bay Campus)
- Thursday - 18:00-20:00 (Singleton)
- Women's 2nd team: The 2nd team will be playing on the BUCS Western 2B division. Their training times are:
- Friday - 17:00-19:00 (Singleton)
- Beginners Team: The beginner's team will have friendly matches against other different universities' beginner's team throughout the year. Their training times are:
- Saturday - 10:00-12:00 (Singleton)
Follow their progress at http://www.bucs.org.uk/bucscore/InstitutionProfile.aspx?id=160&title=Swansea%20University#tab02
Excited yet? Want to give it a go? Excellent! Feel free to come to our Try-out sessions, held during the freshers fortnight. You will then get the chance to meet our coaches, you potential team-mates and get a taste of the vibrant atmosphere in our club. These are the dates:
Note: no membership is required for the try-outs but you will have to purchase it if you decide to join us.)
Like any other Sports Club at Swansea University, SUVC has a strong Social element, ranging from nights out on Wind Street to non-alcoholic meet-ups (friendly club tournaments, bowling, laser zone, meals...). —
President: Hei Man Tiffany Ng
Vice President: Eliza Ullersperger
Secretary: Desislava Peneva
Treasurer: Yuet Yee Sophia Wong
Social Secretary: Alice Baraz
PR and Social Media Officer: Erifyli Mouza
Beginner's Team Manager: Miffy Chan
Coaches: Astrid (Men's and Women's team), Martin (Beginners team)
1st Teams: £130/year
2nd Teams: £110/year
Beginner's team: £60/year
*compulsory for all teams (men's, women's and beginners)
Note: you need to have a Sports Swansea BUCS membership in order to join any team.
Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/Swansea-University-Volleyball-Club-682584958426949/?fref=ts
In person: at the Freshers Fayre (24th in Bay and 26th in Singleton)
Looking forward to meeting you all!