- In order to become a Get Active member, you must register via the Get ACTIVE page.
- Members are entitled to attend sessions at either Singleton or Bay campuses and at the connected external venues.
- Members must be a current staff or student of Swansea University.
- All members must inform the Get ACTIVE Coordinator should they have any medical conditions that could affect their ability to safely take part in the programme.
- Appropriate clothing must be worn for any activity undertaken in the Get ACTIVE programme.
- Before attending sessions, members must book on via Get ACTIVE events page.
- Get ACTIVE sessions may need to introduce a maximum space capacity (including tasters & coaching programmes) and will be allocated on a first booked bases.
- If members are no longer able to attend a session, you must inform the Get ACTIVE Coordinator.
- The University reserves the right to prevent members from participating in Get ACTIVE sessions and/or tasters should behaviour and/or appearance be deemed unsuitable.
- The University uses external venues for some of the Get ACTIVE sessions and are subject to their Terms and Conditions.
- The Get ACTIVE session timings will vary between Singleton and Bay campuses and may be affected by bank holidays and holiday periods.
- Get ACTIVE is subject to changes at any given moment.
- You can only book a space for yourself; you will not be able to book for another Get ACTIVE Member – they must book themselves via the events booking page.
Rights to Terminate
- When a member of staff leaves the University, their membership will be terminated on their last day of employment.
- If a student leaves/suspends their studies, their membership will be terminated.
Insurance and liability
- The University will not accept liability for loss or damage of property placed or left on the University or external premises.
- The University will ensure the booking facilities are safe and all equipment meets manufacturer guidance.
- The University will ensure that all external venues used have sufficient liability cover.
Acknowledgement of Risk to Health
- You acknowledge that there is an inherent risk of injury (including permanent injury and even death) when undertaking physical exercise. This is including, but not limited to, serious neck and spinal injuries, injury to bones, joints, ligaments, muscles, and tendons. By registering for Get ACTIVE, you voluntarily assume such risk.
- You understand and accept that Swansea University shall only be liable for personal injury or death where this arises from Swansea University, its employees’, or its subcontractors’ negligence.
- It is the member's responsibility to inform Activators and session instructors, where appropriate, of any concerns related to your ability to exercise. This is including but not limited to: your level of experience, any medical conditions or disabilities, pregnancy, or advice from medical professionals.
- You understand that Sport Swansea recommends that, if you have pe-existing medical condition/s, you should consult with a health professional before participating in Get ACTIVE activities.
By purchasing a Get ACTIVE ticket, you consent to Swansea University, whether directly or through an intermediary, processing your personal information for the purposes of membership.
- Your data will be used for purposes of an emergency and, therefore, may be share with an activity leader or coach from the Get ACTIVE team, where appropriate.
- Your data will be used by the Get ACTIVE team to keep you updated on session changes and activity/events updates.
Swansea University Students’ Union and Sport Swansea will not pass your details onto a third party. If you wish to remove or update the submitted details, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.