We are looking to recruit a team of enthusiastic, committed and motivated Get ACTIVE Activators who are able to effectively engage students, motivate them to be more active and create opportunities to help them sustain their activity levels.
Activator roles may be generic or sport/activity specific e.g. multi-sports, running, football, walking, badminton. As the Get ACTIVE programme grows, we will be widening our activity offers. Activators will be expected to deliver between 2-4 hours of activity per week (mainly term-time) and will be running weekly timetabled activity, helping to recruit new participants through promoting the Get ACTIVE sessions and helping deliver promotional events.
To join our team of Activators you must be:
- A Swansea University student (undergradute or postgraduate).
- Have an interest in active lifestyles and be enthusiastic about developing and promoting sport and physical activity to other students.
- Have excellent communication skills, good interpersonal and time management skills, with the ability to work as part of a team, as well as individually.
- You do not need to be part of a sports club – we want students who enjoy and are committed to being active and want to help others to be more active more often.
Why get involved:
- Gain valuable hands-on experience and skills you can reference when applying for jobs.
- Show prospective employers you have qualities such as reliability, responsibility and commitment.
- Improve yourself and make a difference to people’s lives by supporting the Get ACTIVE team in delivering sport/activities that meet the needs of students.
- Paid opportunity.
For further information please contact Shana Thomas, Engage Programme Manager, firstname.lastname@example.org or 07855 424857, or complete our expression of interest form.