I want to leave my current tenancy agreement can I do this?


When you moved into your private rented accommodation you signed a tenancy agreement that would have had a period of time that you agreed to live in that property and pay rent.  

Within the agreement there may be break clauses that allow you to leave the contract earlier which the Advice Centre can look at for you.  Most of the time though you will be required to pay the full rent for that property until the contract does end unless you come to an agreement with your landlord and they either agree to have someone else take over your part of the contract and move into your room. Or end the contract completely.   

With any situation like this please contact the Advice Centre for further advice, it may be that issues with your housemate, agency or the property can be sorted out.