Don't be a boob - Coppafeel and raise awareness this Breast Cancer Awareness Month!
It’s that time of the year again…. It’s time to Coppa Feel!
October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month and your SU has been increasing our efforts to raise awareness for this cause.
Did you know that in the UK alone:
- there are 56,000 new cases of breast cancer diagnosed every year - that's 150 new cases a day
- breast cancer is the most common form of cancer
- the risk of developing the cancer is 1 in 7 for women and 1 in 870 for men
It's important for all of us to regularly check our breasts for any abnormalities or changes.
When checking yourself over, look for:
- changes in size or shape
- dimpling and other changes in texture
- rashes or crusting around the nipple
- unusual discharge from the nipple
These are all common symptoms of breast cancer, and you should get in touch with your GP if you notice any of these changes.
If you want to get involved with the Uni Boob team, check out their page here!
Keep an eye out on our socials this month for events in support of Breast Cancer Awareness - and don't forget to Coppafeel!