Standard membership is for students at Swansea University.
Associate membership is for non-students or students at other universities.
Want to start DJing more events? The society now acts as an agency for DJ's using our link with local clubs and events to help find you gigs. Society membership also includes full involvement in all the societies events like our new Rebound takeover, Bass In the Woods and other live streams/ socials that we run. You also get access to all our equipment that can be rented at a discounted rate. The second improvement was to create a specialised learning environment for those wanting to learn...
Not interested in DJing, just love to sesh? That's okay too! The soc have you covered. The soc will be running events all year long and unlike many other promoters, we take time to search for the best underground artists that we know you will love, instead of booking the same popular acts all the time. All society members will get a permanent early bird price for all our future events, so if you're a sesh head, membership will definitely be worth it!
Whatever your level, there is a class for you.
We run 2 DJ schools every semester. A beginners class, which is tailored for people who have very little experience or have never even seen a DJ deck before and an advanced class, which is perfect for bedroom DJ's that are comfortable on controllers and want to progress to playing in clubs.
The course is for a max of 10 people, it costs £80 and lasts a total of 6 weeks. That's just £10 a week!
So what do you get for that £80?
- Taught on a 1 to 1 level by some of Swansea's best DJ's.
- Try various types of DJ gear and get the best advice on which equipment to buy.
- You will be taught everything from music theory to beat matching by ear.
- Get to know all the members of the society and have a mix and practise with us outside of lessons on our own professional grade decks.
- Get your very own graduation party in one of Swansea's biggest clubs and show off your DJ skills to all your friends!
- Learn how to run an event, make your own fliers, advertisements etc.
Please message the society's facebook page with any questions.
Our own events/socials
A brand new night owned by the society is being introduced into the recently revamped Rebound, the society has been fortunate enough to be handed control of the SU club every Saturday! Two rooms of pure electronic music all night long! More info on this soon!
Amongst all the chaos we will manage to squeeze in a more private social for an opportunity to get to know one another. Socials involve things like facebook live streams, parties and general mixing sessions.
Bassline is one of the biggest nights out in Swansea and you will regularly find our DJ's tearing up the Sin dancefloor and handing over to some of the biggest names in Drum and Bass - These events are not ones to miss! they always pop off.
Female DJ's - The Facts
There is a severe lack of female DJ's in the industry, so if you're a girl who's had second thoughts about DJing help us by letting us help you! Female DJ's like Annie Mac, Hannah Wants and Flava D bring a style that is unquestionably unique.
Bringing more female DJs into the limelight was a goal of one of our fellow DJs Ben Rees, who has since sadly passed away. Ben represented the best of us and as such the society will always promote his selfless aim.
After reading several statistics it's clear to see Bens goal is something all in the DJing industry should pay attention to:
- Only 10% of performers at music festivals around the world are female.
- All-male acts make up the overwhelming majority of festival lineups, ranging from 66% of all performers (Outside Lands and Governors Ball) to 93% (Electric Zoo).
- Women Produce 9% of Electronic Music.
Massive thanks to:
-Concrete Junglists for the logo and constants support to the scene.
-Paper Agency for working closely with the society to bring you some of Swansea's best events.