The History Society are pleased to be hosting a free local history workshop with the British Association For Local History (BALH), offering students:
- An introduction to local history and BALH by Helen Palmer
- Presentations by Swansea University lecturers:
- Prof. Martin Johnes - ‘School Log Books – Windows into the Histories of Local Communities’
- Prof. Louise Miskell - ‘Using local archives to research Swansea Copper’
- Dr. Gethin Matthews - ‘Discovering the stories behind the 81 names on a local WW1 Roll of Honour’
- Dr. Hilary Orange - ‘Using Historic Environment Records as an aide for local history research’
- An introduction to the archives profession and a tour of the Richard Burton Archives*
- The chance to win a free 1 Year BALH Student Membership, books, and more.
An excellent opportunity to discover the world of local history and archives, and to find out how you can get involved.
Pizza and soft drinks will be provided.
*The workshop is open to 30 students, please note that the tour of the archives will be available to the first 15 sign-ups only due to capacity limits in the archive.
Please note: Photographs will be taken at this event. If you do not consent to having your photograph taken, please either email the History Society at firstname.lastname@example.org or make yourself known to our photographer on the day.