Hey, it’s Ronnie here! As your Societies and Services Officer, I have a few important updates to share with you
Hey, it’s Ronnie here! As your Societies and Services Officer, I know you’ve been waiting for an update on the opening of Rebound. I want to share the latest news with you - the planned opening is January 2024!
Despite the unforeseen challenges that have caused this delay, our commitment to providing you with a fulfilling and engaging student experience remains our primary focus. As well as providing an update on Rebound, the Students' Union is excited to share the progress on our recent projects that we’re partnering with the University to enhance your student experience.
Here’s what we have been working on:
- A brand-new space in Fulton House to eat, drink, and run events – you may know the space as the Refectory. It has since received a glowing makeover and a new name – Harbwr
- A new space for societies and sports clubs in Fulton House (previously known as Fusion)
- Everyone’s favourite pub and cafe, JCs has had a refresh and is still the best bar on campus with the cheapest drinks in town
- Rebound is still under development, but we have plans in place to ensure it’s ready for a January 2024 opening
- On Bay, we have Y Twyni – the ultimate student social space to meet friends, chill in between lectures, play games, study, and so much more
- Work is underway at Swansea Bay Sports Park to develop a new all-weather 3G facility and upgraded grass pitches with floodlighting which will improve year-round provision for sports clubs
- We’re working closely with the team at Taliesin to add more student-focused events and to provide additional opportunities for our societies to use the venue for annual showcase performances and rehearsals
To guarantee that you still have the best time possible while studying at Swansea, we have established plenty of partnerships and events with local venues including Sin City, Jack Murphy’s, Level17, and Bambu. These partnerships will allow us to offer more diverse entertainment options, including nighttime events, live music, wellbeing initiatives and networking opportunities. These partner spaces will also double up as alternative venues for you to chill, hang out, and unwind with your mates while the on-campus nightclub continues towards completion. Whether you want to party, dance, or watch live sports, there will be something for all.
Take a look at our What’s On guide to see what we’ve got planned for you to enjoy in the year ahead, including our biggest and best Freshers line-up yet!
If you have any questions regarding the ongoing nightclub renovations, please get in touch with us through our helpdesk at firstname.lastname@example.org. Or check my socials page for regular updates: @sususocandserv
I can’t wait to see you all on the dancefloor in January!
SU Societies & Services Officer