Whether you've left it until the last minute or are a revision pro, we've put together some hints and tips to help you reach your revision goals.
Plan your cram
Before you start, clear your desk. You'll find focusing with a clean, uncluttered workspace much easier.
Break down your week into smaller, manageable chunks and plan your week ahead. We've put some ideas together for you to help you get started.
You might want to dive straight into your notes, books and lectures, but a solid plan that you can stick to will help you use your time more effectively.
- Identify your weaknesses - focus on these
- Create a realistic revision timetable - and stick to it. You can create a free timetable here
- As tempting as it may be to plough through and get as much done as possible, make sure you schedule breaks throughout your day
Find what works for you
We all approach things differently, and revision is no exception. Don't force yourself to study the same way as your housemates if it isn't working for you.
- Change it up - there are lots of different revision methods to try
- Make your own revision notes - personalise your flashcards with cartoons and doodles
- Got a song stuck in your head? Change up the lyrics to include some exam info (who doesn't want to listen to a song about Differential Equations or Declarative Planning?)
- If you find it easier to focus away from home, grab a coffee and head to one of the study spaces on campus
There's more to revision and exam prep than just sitting at your desk reading endless notes.
What not to do
- Over-revise - yes, it's a thing. The best way to avoid it is to take regular breaks
- Be too hard on yourself - don't stay up late or overwork because your timetable didn't quite go to plan
- Doubt yourself - if you put the work in, it will pay off
If you're still feeling the stress after revision week, we're here to help. We'll be running events throughout the rest of the month to help you relax and chill out, including providing refreshments and snacks in the library on weekdays. Keep an eye on your socials for more information.
If you have any queries or concerns, our Advice and Support Centre will be on hand to guide you through the week.