Your Society and Services Officer wants YOU to apply for Societies Executive Committee
What is the Societies Executive Committee?
The Societies Executive Committee is the core decision-making body for Societies, providing feedback and raising queries from Societies within their nominated category.
Together, a team of 11 committee members and the Societies and Services Officer decide on the outcome of any new or adoption society applications and finance requests that come in.
As well as this execs sit on disciplinary panels when needed, and approve any funding applications from the Societies Grant Fund.
Positions on the Executive Committee are as follows:
- Hobbies & Interests
- Performing Arts
- Cultural & International
- Politics, Campaigns & Liberation
- Academic & Employability
- Open Space
Sitting on the Exec Committee is great fun, and you get to meet like-minded people and have your say in how societies are run and managed.
There are a few expectations that are required of you as a representative of the Student’s Union:
- Attend monthly meetings
- Meet and communicate regularly with Societies and provide relevant updates to the Societies and Services Officer
- Address any queries from students or signpost to relevant Student Union staff if unable to deal with the situation yourself
- Provide assistance with larger Society events hosted by the Students’ Union, such as Committee Training
All the hard work does not go unrewarded! Besides an amazing experience that you can add to your CV, being a Societies Exec offers a few rewards throughout the year including:
- Exclusive exec merch
- Discounted tickets to the best SU events
- Jack Murphy’s Captain’s Card
- Exclusive Dominos deals
- JCs discount card and exclusive deals across the year
- Free exec socials
The Societies Executive Committee is a way to make friends and genuinely impact the Students Union!
You can apply by following this link: https://www.swansea-union.co.uk/surveys/91
Be quick - applications shut 1st of September! You can read more about the exec here.