New restrictions have been announced by Welsh Government for both Swansea and Neath Port Talbot.
What does this mean for me at Uni?
Although no-one will be allowed to enter or leave their lockdown areas without a reasonable excuse, Education & Work is a valid exemption which also covers travel between lockdown areas.
- Students who are already attending campus can continue to do so.
- There has been no change to the plans for in-person teaching and all the previous safeguards of social distancing, cleaning, face masks, hand sanitiser and reduced numbers of people on campus remain.
What do I do if I experience any symptoms?
If you experience any symptoms of Covid-19, you must book a test and self-isolate with your household. These include:
- High temperature (fever)
- A new continous cough
- A loss of smell or taste
By calling 01639 862757 you can arrange a same day test in Swansea through Swansea Bay University Health Board.
Self-isolation means staying at home. You must not leave your home, even for food or essentials or have visitors at your home. You must not attend University or any social gatherings.
You must also let the University know if you are self-isolating and have tested positive, by emailing MyUni Support who can guide you through this time.
How can I stay as safe as possible?
You can play your part in the fight against Covid-19, by practising good hygiene and social distancing.
- Hand washing regularly for at least 20 seconds
- Staying 2m apart from others who are not your household
- Wearing a face covering in indoor public spaces. It is now compulsory to wear a face covering at the University
We also recommend downloading the NHS Covid-19 to understand your risk level. You can check into campus by scanning the QR codes displayed across campus. The Uni also has a safe zone app which offers immediate access to the Uni security team through your mobile phone.
For more information about Covid-19, please visit the Welsh Government Covid-19 pages.
Advice and Support
If you require any advice and support, our advisors are here for you. Get in touch.