We are incredibly excited to announce that Swansea University Students' Union has been awarded "Excellent Standard" AGAIN this year in the Students Organising for Sustainability (SOS-UK) Green Impact Awards.
Another year going green for GWA and of course, for our planet!
We are incredibly excited to announce that Swansea University Students' Union has been awarded Excellent Standard AGAIN this year in the Students Organising for Sustainability (SOS-UK) Green Impact Awards.
This is a huge milestone on our sustainable roadmap, and we cannot wait to see how we continue to grow and develop from here on.
Here's a snippet of what our SU team has done this year to help us achieve Excellent Standard:
- Changed suppliers of free on-campus period products to a more environmentally friendly, plastic-free option
- Ran sustainable campaigns and events, including Sustainable Fashion Week and Stitch It, Don't Ditch It workshops
- Worked with our Tree Society and ran monthly local beach cleans
- Our Nursery held plant potting and vegetable growing sessions in the Greenhouse
- Included Fairtrade food options in our Cost Of Living Breakfast mornings as part of Fairtrade Fortnight
And that's just the beginning!
We want to extend a MASSIVE thank you to our SU community, students and staff members for all their work towards a more SUstainable future.